Sunday, April 21, 2013


The following message was culled from a website supporting Jodi Arias.  It has to do with Detective Flores, the lead investigator who charged Jodi Arias with murdering Travis Alexander.  Here is what he wrote:

Here’s an excerpt from page 12 of the Flores Police Report:
On 6-11-08, I received a tip through the Apache Junction Police Department. They had received an anonymous phone call from a female who stated we needed to look at a person named Dustin Thompson as someone who might have something to do with or might have information regarding the death of Travis Alexander. The message was short, but they were able to trace the phone number. Utilizing the phone number provided by A.J.P.D. we were able to get the subscriber information on that number, which returned to a cellular phone owned by Dustin Thompson.
A records check revealed that Dustin Thompson was married to a female named Ashley Thompson who worked at Dillard’s distribution center located in Gilbert, AZ. On 6-12-08 at 1530 hours, Detective D. Kaufman #11674 and I met with Ashley at her work for a brief interview. Ashley had a cellular phone with her during the interview. We asked for her cell phone number and confirmed it was the same number that had called in the tip to A.J.P.D. We did not confront her about the phone tip, because we were still in the process of gathering intelligence on her husband, Dustin.
Ashley confirmed she and Travis were close friends and mentioned they had known each other for about three years. She said her husband also knew Travis. During the interview, she kept referring to her husband, Dustin, as her ex-husband. She explained that they were currently in the process of a divorce and is currently living separately from him. She said they were having financial issues and it was causing stress in their marriage.
Ashley gave us basic information regarding her relationship with Travis saying they were just friends and nothing else. The last time she actually saw him or talked with him was at his last UFC (Ultimate Fighting Champion) party about three weeks ago. She said Travis would have UFC parties about every Wednesday where they would watch the fights. She said she tried to call him on Monday the 9th of June, but she didn’t get an answer. She stated that she first heard about Travis’ death the day after he was founds. She heard from another mutual friend named Deanna. Ashley said her husband, Dustin found out about Travis that first night. When she talked to Dustin, he told her he found out that first night and went over to see what was going on. Ashley gave us information about her husband, Dustin, including his work address and work schedule. She never mentioned during the entire interview that she was the one who called in with the anonymous phone tip. We finished the interview and asked if we could contact her again if we had any additional questions. She said that was fine.
Here’s an additional excerpt from page 17 of the Flores Police Report:
After his interview with Ashley Thompson, Detective Kaufman briefed me on his findings. He said Ashley did confirm that she was the one who called A.J.P.D. and left the anonymous information about her husband. She explained that she and her husband were having a lot of difficulties and he was just acting strange during that time. She and Travis were very close and she had even asked Travis about moving in with him as a roommate after her separation from her husband, Dustin. Both she and Travis agreed it was not a good idea she move in, because of the way it might look. They were just good friends and they didn’t want people to think something inappropriate was going on. After Travis was found she thought how strange Dustin had been acting. It was during the few weeks leading up to Travis’ death that she had moved out to her own apartment and they were both dealing with the possible foreclosure of their house.
Dustin Thompson was not interviewed that day, because of time constraints. He did agree to come in on another day for an interview if needed.
Ashley Reed committed suicide on March 3rd 2010.
It was ruled a suicide (from a single gunshot wound to the head) according to Dr Robert Lyon, Maricopa Medical Examiner.
Click here to read Ashley Reed’s autopsy report from March 5th 2010.
In addition, click here to read a 3/13/2013 report in relation to Dr Robert Lyon, and his dubious suicide ruling in relation to the death of police Sgt. Sean Drenth. The report is entitled: “New Phoenix police documents show suicide ruling in Sgt. Sean Drenth’s death may not be correct.”
Here’s an excerpt from the ABC15 report:
“ABC15 Investigators asked the Maricopa County Office of the Medical Examiner to respond to our questions about the case and explain why Dr. Robert Lyon would not meet with the family, the county spokesperson denied our request.
An internal email obtained by the ABC15 Investigators shows Dr. Lyon reacted to our request for information by sending an email to another staff member containing the following message, “WTF.
Lyon did not make an official ruling in the case after more than 400 days had passed since Drenth’s death.”


No comments: