Video takes you right inside a U.S. Humvee caught in an ambush by insurgents. WARNING: Graphic footage and language.
WATCH VIDEO HERE:
CLICK ON DIAMOND-SHAPED ARROW TO PLAY VIDEO. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE TO CLICK ON SMALL ARROW BOTTOM LEFT OF SCREEN.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Posted by Bill Corcoran at 3:15 PM
This video of insurgents planning an attack on a U.S. convoy was captured after U.S. forces wiped out the insurgents before they could pull off their attack. Everyone you see in this video was killed.
WATCH VIDEO HERE:
CLICK ON DIAMOND-SHAPED ARROW TO ACTIVATE VIDEO.
Posted by Bill Corcoran at 2:25 PM
Witnesses say deaths of 147 people in three villages came after a sustained bombardment by American aircraft.
Patrick Cockburn, in Herat, reports
Friday, 8 May 2009
A girl injured in the Farah air strike
enlarge (click here to see picture of young girl injured in U.S. air strike)
Shouting "Death to America" and "Death to the Government", thousands of Afghan villagers hurled stones at police yesterday as they vented their fury at American air strikes that local officials claim killed 147 civilians.
The riot started when people from three villages struck by US bombers in the early hours of Tuesday, brought 15 newly-discovered bodies in a truck to the house of the provincial governor. As the crowd pressed forward in Farah, police opened fire, wounding four protesters.
Traders in the rest of Farah city, the capital of the province of the same name where the bombing took place, closed their shops, vowing they would not reopen them until there is an investigation.
A local official Abdul Basir Khan said yesterday that he had collected the names of 147 people who had died, making it the worst such incident since the US intervened in Afghanistan started in 2001.
A phone call from the governor of Farah province, Rohul Amin, in which he said that 130 people had died, was played over the loudspeaker in the Afghan parliament in Kabul, sparking demands for more control over US operations.
Posted by Bill Corcoran at 8:44 AM
U.S. SOLDIERS ARE AMBUSHED BY TALIBAN IN THE GRAVEYARD OF EMPIRES---AFGHANISTAN (VIOLENT COMBAT VIDEO)
The mainstream media in the United States continues to downplay the war in Afghanistan---even sometimes as going so far as to call the Taliban a gaggle of ragtag fighters---however this video shows our troops are in the fight of their life in Afghanistan which has been called "the graveyard of empires." The U.S. Army troops shown in this violent combat video won't be spending time with their mothers on Mother's Day, but instead will be trying to keep their asses from being blown off by a relentless Taliban which are showing signs of getting stronger in Afghanistan. We wish just one news outlet could devote one minute showing a video like this to the American public, but that is asking too much as the media pulls out all the stops to dig up any trite story to report just so they won't have to report on the war in Afghanistan.
Why is this?
The answer is simple. Very few people in the mainstream media in the United States have ever worn the uniform of any branch of the United States military and so they couldn't care less what is happening to our troops in Afghanistan as well as Iraq.
We, however, will continue to bring to our blog viewers, who now number over 157,000 since we started blogging on the wars a little over a year ago, what the 200,000 young men and women serving in Afghanistan and Iraq go through on a daily basis.
It boils down to this. If you have someone in the military, you care about the war, but if you haven't got a member of your family or a close friend in the military then the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are a distraction from the daily TV fare of car chases and the latest on creeps like Drew Peterson.
There is one way to correct all this.
Re-instate the DRAFT and suddenly you will see people interested in what is happening in Afghanistan and Iraq.
WATCH VIDEO HERE AND TURN UP YOUR SOUND:
CLICK ON DIAMOND-SHAPED ARROW TO PLAY THIS VIDEO
Posted by Bill Corcoran at 5:40 AM
U.S. SOLDIERS ATTACK AND KILL 12-YEAR OLD IRAQI BOY AFTER THEY SUSPECT HE TOSSED A GRENADE AT THEIR CONVOY
U.S. soldiers, attacked, kill a 12-year-old Iraqi boy
By Ali Abass and Jack Dolan McClatchy Newspapers
MOSUL, Iraq — American soldiers opened fire and killed a 12-year old boy after a grenade hit their convoy in Mosul on Thursday.
The boy was found with ten thousand Iraqi dinars in his hand - worth less than $9. U.S. officials said the money is evidence of a disturbing new trend.
"We have every reason to believe that insurgents are paying children to conduct these attacks or assist the attackers in some capacity, undoubtedly placing the children in harm's way," a U. S. military spokesman wrote in an email on Saturday.
But eyewitnesses said the boy, identified as Omar Musa Salih, was standing by the side of the road selling fruit juice - a common practice in Iraq -- and had nothing to do with the attack.
A friend, Ahmed Jassim, 15, said he was selling cans of Pepsi nearby when he heard the grenade explode. He dove behind a parked car, then heard the roar of machine gun fire. "When the shooting was over and the patrol went away, I stood and I saw Omar on the ground covered with blood," Jassim said.
Another witness, Ahmed IzAldeen, 56, said he saw the person who threw the grenade. It wasn't the boy, but a man in his twenties, he said. IzAldeen said he saw the man standing behind a truck holding the grenade as the American patrol approached.
Military officials said they're sure the boy was part of the assault on the convoy. "Coalition forces fired on two of three individuals positively identified as involved in the attack, killing one, who they later discovered was a 12-year-old boy," the email said.
Posted by Bill Corcoran at 2:27 AM