Monday, August 29, 2011

IRAQ COMPILATION: THIS VIDEO WENT VIRAL WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED


CLICK ON ARROW TO PLAY VIDEO

The Surfin' Bird (Forty-two Years Later)



JULY 24, 2009 UPDATE, 493,106 views: So there's been a lot of debate, 2000+ posts: praising, lambasting, debates, jokes, stupidity... let me clear up some things... Foremost, I'm not taking a side. If you think I am, that's your own bias. None of these clips are from major news agencies; Not a snuff film, there was much more graphic footage. I did want this to make people think; I believe it has, and I appreciate the good ratings. It shows that a technically amateurish independent video can be moving, too.


Notes: The Trashmen's Surfin' Bird (1963) was an ode to Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. Not sped it up because I'm not Kubrick. Sound quality is poor because I wanted there to be a feeling of grit, anguish. Song was not chosen to be 'comical', rather as a greater 'human tragedy', nonsensical.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a really good vid bill....it gives me at the very least a sense of what the hell is going on.As i go to sleep at night....you know when im gaming online i meet all types.

Bill Corcoran said...

Thanks Greg. You have become my staunchest supporter. Bill

Anonymous said...

That means alot for me Bill saying those kind words...if someone said to me im staunch i,ll take it every time..we just keep on keepin on!!

Bill Corcoran said...

Thanks again, Greg. Have a good one. Bill