Friday, March 6, 2009

WHILE AMERICA IS SLEEPING, AFGHANISTAN WAR ABOUT TO EXPLODE


I feel compelled to write something about the war in Afghanistan because I think the American public are going to be in for a very rude awakening in the next couple or weeks.

The media has rightfully been devoting all their time to the economic crisis, but over in Afghanistan there are signs that the Taliban are about to launch a major Spring offensive against U.S. and NATO forces.

I have recently come across videos from Al Jazeera and posted them on my blog
http://corksphere.blogspot.com showing the way the Taliban is preparing for a massive attack on U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan.

The Taliban have lined up many suicide bombers and the Taliban are armed to the teeth.

They are already cutting off supply lines which are used to bring in food to feed our troops and everyone knows an army travels on its stomach.

The media has all but forgotten the troops we have in Afghanistan.

There was a blurb a week ago about Obama ordering 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan and a one-day story about 3,000 members of the 10th Mountain Division arriving in Afghanistan.

As most of you know, I have devoted my blog to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq so I feel I'm somewhat of an expert on both theaters.

Afghanistan is about to become a nightmare for American troops.

As I do my "opposition research," I can't help but notice how Fox News has suddenly discovered there is war going on in Afghanistan. It is easily explained.
Fox News knows with Obama sending in 17,000 troops to Afghanistan that the Afghanistan war has now become "Obama's war."

Just like they did with the Swift Boat veterans, Fox News is going to dig up anything they can on the war in Afghanistan as a way of bringing home to the American public this war is "Obama's war."

Sir Winston Churchill wrote a book called "The Gathering Storm" about the war with Nazi Germany.

There is another "gathering storm"and it is happening in Afghanistan and at the present time America is sleeping.....but not for long I suspect.


Editorial comment by BILL CORCORAN, editor of CORKSPHERE

No comments: