Tuesday, December 2, 2008

HOW FAR WE HAVE COME: BILL MOYERS NARRATES WHAT ELECTION OF BARACK OBAMA WILL MEAN

Thanks to my good friend MARV who sent me this video. Bill Moyers narrates this video and with poignant pictures and poems shows how far African-Americans have come since the Dred Scott Decision in the 1800s.

This video puts everything in perspective and is well worth your time to watch.

WATCH VIDEO HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/v/MUcTHlRtZ94&hl=en&fs=1

CLICK ON ARROW TO PLAY VIDEO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Cork, I'd call Obama's election a step--no make that a LEAP-- in the right direction; I heard it said that "we didn't get 40 acres and a mule (couldn't happen--the Man wouldn't want us in control of agribusiness), but we DID get 50 states and the White House. While I believe, it's a new dawn, I wouldn't call Obama the Messiah, nor would I say that racism is magically eradicated. I hope he succeeds and am glad we both were wrong about the election outcome (we both believed awhile back that racism would cause BHO to lose), but I WOULD say that NEWSWEEK magazine of 10/27/08 has it pegged. Check it out, if you haven't already.

Bill Corcoran said...

"Anonymous"

Thanks for writing and tip on Newsweek. I did read it. Excellent. Obama has his work cut out for him. What an awesome task trying to straighten out the mess Bush & Company left behind here and overseas.