Friday, May 16, 2008

WHO WILL SIGN THE SURRENDER IN IRAQ? COMMENTARY BY BILL CORCORAN

Who is going to sign the surrender in Iraq?

Will it be the insurgents?

Will it be Al Qaeda?

Will it be the terrorists?

Will it be the Mehdi Army?

Sen. John McCain says we will not leave Iraq until we WIN in Iraq.

How do we know when we have WON in Iraq?

Let's look at the facts.

The "enemy" is not ONE army and doesn't even wear ONE kind of uniform.

So who the hell surrenders?

I was in the Army during the Korean war and the enemy wore uniforms and represented either North Korea or the Chinese. You could spot an enemy soldier a couple of hundred yards away because they were wearing a uniform unlike the one you were wearing.

This is not the case in Iraq.

Not one single group we are fighting in Iraq wears a uniform and they don't answer to any government.

So what I want to know from Senator McCain is who signs thesurrender in Iraq?

The readers of my blog, CORKSPHERE, at http://corksphere.blogspot.com/ have been asking me this question and I haven't got an answer for them because there isn't an answer.

Bill Corcoran, editor of CORKSPHERE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Day One of this war I thought to myself, how do you fight a war on "terror?" It's absurd. We still haven't won the last war...the one on drugs. I'm sick and tired of the con job. antgne

Bill Corcoran said...

Thanks for your comment Antgne. The Republicans keep talking about winning, but how do you win a war when the people you are fighting come from various groups and are not bound to each other. So one group could surrender, but the others will keep fighting. That is how it is in an insurgency war.

Anonymous said...

Cork, the Military Victory died in August 1945, with the advent/use of the atom bomb. All there is now is the choice of drawn-out DEADlocked genocides or a real-life "On the Beach" scenario.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the same "Victory" comment, Cork. I said that 3 days ago. I lost track.

Bill Corcoran said...

I agree. Thanks for your comment.